Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Centerpieces: High vs Low

I've been looking into possibilities for centerpieces and one thing I've been undecided on is the height. I always thought I'd go with traditional centerpieces, something along the lines of a low floral arrangement or floating candles in a lily bowl. 

I've seen tall centerpieces but often found them to be too dramatic and over-the-top for my taste. (See photo)











But I have also noticed that tall centerpieces add a nice element to the overall look of the room. It draws the eyes upward and adds a certain elegance.

Browsing at a craft store with my mom we paired a tall Eiffel tower vase with a single stem orchid. 


Taking this further, we discussed how we could add stones or beads and lights inside the vase for an added effect. We could set this vase on top of a mirror, then add other table enhancements like votive candles or other decorative lights (more on that later.)

That's when I realized tall centerpieces don't have to be over-the-top, they can be simple and elegant.














I think we have found a compromise in that we may alternate tall centerpieces with low ones. This way we can add the height without being too over-the-top.

No comments:

Post a Comment