Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's Almost Here...

I can't believe it, but the wedding is just a few weeks away.

It's interesting to reflect on the past two years, how far we've come and how much planning has been done. Looking back I see how much has gone into making this wedding possible. I feel as though I could write a book from all that I have learned!

Almost two years of planning and now it's all coming together, it's almost here.

I've spent the past 21 months as a bride-to-be. Being engaged is such an exciting and unique time. It's a time of sharing your love with the world. There's so much fun and excitement in getting ideas for the big day, making and sharing plans, and shopping for THE dress. I'm excited of course, but I'm also a little disappointed to be leaving this phase behind. I'm going to miss the hours-long phone calls with my mom swapping ideas, and strategizing how to use my coupons at the local craft stores. And now what will I pin on Pinterest?!

But we're moving on to an even more exciting phase of our lives together: married life. And that's so much more important than the colors of the bridesmaids' dresses or what flowers are in the bouquet or any of the other details we've spent so much time and energy working on. It's easy to get wrapped up in the planning and forget that in the end, we're going to be MARRIED.

With all the preparation, the big dress, the hair and the makeup, photographers following you around all day, exchanging vows and doing your first dance in front of a room full of people, it's easy to forget that  a wedding is not a performance. It's not about the wedding (well, okay, it is a little bit) it's about the life-long marriage that is to follow. And that's the reward in the end (oh, and a week in Cancun will be a nice reward too!)

So in these last few days (14 to be exact) it's important to remember that there are lots of things that can go wrong, but if at the end of the day I am married to the person I love, then everything went perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment