Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Hardest Decisions Come First Part 2: The Venue

Aside from choosing what time of year you want to get married and setting a date, another big decision that comes early in the planning process is where to have your ceremony and reception.

There are so many choices. It’s not just a matter of picking a venue that works for your budget and accommodates the size of your wedding as well as your taste. The venue sets the whole tone for the wedding – it’s all about picking the right atmosphere.

I was all about being “different.”



I wanted a rooftop wedding overlooking the city...









 
…Or a rustic wedding with a country feel
appealing to our laid back nature as a couple...











...And I just LOVED the thought of having a sit-down dinner at an aquarium with exotic fish swimming around us, dancing in the blue glow of the water.






I wanted to stay away from the traditional hotel and country club venues that so many couples choose.

I did a LOT of research – perhaps too much as it became very overwhelming after a while. But as I started my research, I was having difficulty finding what I was looking for (locally).

I was so hung up on being "different" I was looking at options that were just impractical, trying to go out of my way to have a wedding that was unique.

We haven't (officially) picked our venue yet, but I'm certain now that we won't be having our reception inside a museum or an aquarium or on top of a high-rise building.

But in the end, I've realized the wedding day isn't about the venue, or the theme, or the decor, or even the meal. It's about having your family and friends together to celebrate your marriage and it's about having FUN! It's all about the experience and creating memories. Ultimately, it’s what you make of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment