Monday, October 31, 2011

Rustic Elegance

In an earlier post, I talked about themes - you can read about it here. I expressed my frustration that choosing a theme felt overwhelming and restricting.

But, as I said in that previous post, I think a theme can emerge in the details. I didn't start out the wedding plan process with a specific theme in mind. Rather, a theme seemed to emerged from the things I like.

The fall season keeps coming into play. I don't exactly have a typical two-color scheme, but rather I love plum for my bridesmaids dresses and like the way the fall colors will really pop against the dresses.




I seem drawn toward rustic, outdoorsy elements like in these pictures:


But we're not having a barn wedding or an outdoor ceremony, and our reception venue isn't exactly rustic.

I've been afraid that I'm trying to pull in an element that isn't really going to work with our venue. But when I started thinking about my gown which is beaded and beautiful, and the plum bridesmaids dresses which have an elegance to them as well, I realized when I pull it all together it's more of a rustic elegance. We don't have to be in a barn to have a rustic wedding. We can bring in those natural elements and tie them together with the pretty plums and candles that have a more elegant feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment