Thursday, October 20, 2011

We booked our Church!

When we started looking for venues for our reception, I started with a very broad range of search parameters. I spent a lot of time and did a LOT of research before I finally narrowed it down to the more realistic options.

So once we (finally) booked our reception you would think I would have taken a better, more direct approach to finding our ceremony site. You would have thought wrong.

Once again, trying to think outside the box, I considered a wide variety of options. I looked at galleries and museums, barns and B&Bs. Most of these options I found to either be outside our budget or not large enough to accommodate our wedding party. I had to rule out an outdoor ceremony simply because the weather at the end of September in Western, New York can be pretty unpredictable - so that ruled out the gazebo at our reception site as an option.

After coming to terms with the fact I wasn't having any luck finding a unique ceremony location with an intimate, cozy feel, I began looking at local churches and non-denominational chapels. Finally, we found something that was just right for us. This church is welcoming and friendly and not to mention beautiful with stained glass windows and rounded wooden doors that will make for an excellent backdrop for photos! It has everything we were looking for.


I'm so happy with our choice and relieved to be able to check this item off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment