Thursday, October 13, 2011

Submerged Flower Centerpieces

My latest wedding project has been deciding on centerpieces for the reception. My mom and I have thrown around several ideas and I've finally come to a decision.

I'm all about romantic lighting and having lots of candles, so candle centerpieces seem like a perfect choice. I came across some great ideas:

I love this look with the submerged orchid.

And I love the staggered look of cylinder vases in different heights.




My mom surprised me by sending me a set of vases with floating candles. I couldn't wait to the light them!

I love the look of these - very romantic and elegant. And they give off a surprising amount of light!

The vases are 6", 7.5" and 10" tall.

The next day I picked up some gemstones from a local craft store to experiment with stones to decorate the bottom of the vase.






I started doing some research online and found some great resources for submerged flower centerpieces. Check out the great information on MochaRoseDesigns.blogspot.com

This suggests that the flowers that work best for submerging are orchids, calla lilies, roses, hydrangeas and tulips.

Once I meet with my florist I will have an idea what type of flower we can submerge. That's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment